Private Dubrovnik Wine Tasting and Classes at Your holiday villa
Croatia is homeland of the best wines. Take Private wine tasting and/or wine classes at your Dubrovnik holiday villa and taste best Croatian and world known wines. Our WSET certified wine expert will guide you through Croatian wine list and help you to pair domestic wine with domestic food.
Wine tasting & classes at Your Dubrovnik villa highlights
- Fully private wine tasting
- Wine list is tailor made according your preferences
- WSET accredited wine expert
- Flexible wine tasting time (lunch time, afternoon, dinner time)
Private wine tasting and wine classes in your Dubrovnik holiday villa
Private wine tasting in Dubrovnik villa range is in line with WSET best practice. You will have plausibility to meet different wine regions of Croatia and taste different varieties of wines. Croatia is generally divided in three wine regions: Eastern Continental (Slavonia), Western Continental and Adriatic Coastal Adriatic wine region.
The Eastern Continental wine region includes Slavonia and the Croatian Danube. It is a relatively flat area bordered by rivers Danube, Drava and Sava. Vineyards are generally located on the low lands and low hills. It has a typical continental climate with cold winters and hot summers. Most popular wine from this region region is Graševina with light, crisp, refreshing and mildly aromas.
The Western Continental wine region includes uplands around capital Zagreb characterized by a cool climate with very cold winters. The hill sloping vineyards ensure sufficient sun during the growing season. Wines from this region display intense aromas and high levels of acidity. Most of production is focused on white wines.
The Coastal Adriatic wine region is divided on two well known region: Istria and Kvarner in the north and Dalmatia in the south. Istria is popular by local varieties, red wine Teran and white wine Malvasia. Dalamtia, the most south part of Croatia, which includes Dubrovnik wine region. Warm climate and rocky landscapes helps in grooving red grapes. Most popular wine is Plavac Mali from Pelješac peninsula, also known as “cousin” of Zinfandel.
Recommended wines to taste in Croatia:
- Plavac Mali, red wine from Pelješac peninsula, location Dingač
- Malvazija, white wine from Istria
- Teran, red wine from Istria
- Graševina, white wine from Slavonia
- Ice wines, white wines from Zagorje (Bodren winery)
Dubrovnik Wine tasting Includes
- Wine expert WSET certified wine teacher
- English speaking wine expert
- Wine tasting session duration 2 hours
- Wine expert transportation 15 minutes from Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik Private wine tasting prices
1 pax – 100 €
2 – 4 pax – 120 €
5 – 9 pax – 150€
10 – 20 pax – 200€