Ston Oyster Tasting Tour from Dubrovnik
Ston Oyster Tasting Tour is da or half day trip from Dubrovnik that includes Ston walls sightseeing, Mali Ston oysters tasting with Pelješac wine and lunch in one of the best Dubrovnik region restaurants.
Ston Oyster Tasting Tour Highlights
- Fully private tour from Dubrovnik to Ston and Pelješac wine region
- Flexible & tailor made itinerary
- Oyster farm visit in Mali Ston oysters tasting
- Wine tasting at 3 family-run wineries in Pelješac wine region
- Sightseeing of Ston and famous Great Wall of Ston
- Lunch in Mediterranean restaurant
Ston Oyster Tasting Tour Description
Ston Oyster Tasting Touris a fully private tour customized to your preferences. After we pick you up at your Dubrovnik luxury villa, Your Dubrovnik culinary experience starts with an one hour scenery drive to Pelješac peninsula – natural heaven full of historical towns and villages and home of famous oysters and red wine.
Our first stop is the small town of Ston which is surrounded by 7 kilometers long medieval walls and the oldest salt pans in Europe. After 1 hour Ston sightseeing we will do fresh oysters tasting at oyster farm in Mali Ston. Oysters, cheese, olive oil will be paired with Pelješac wines.
After oysters tasting we will visit Ston saltworks. You will learn about the technological process of obtaining sea salt and its excellent quality. Saltworks dates back to the Roman times, from 167 B.C. the Romans start salt exploitation in Ston area. The Ston salt pans are the oldest in Europe and the largest preserved ones in the history of the Mediterranean.
On our way back we will stop for lunch in the renowned seafood restaurant.
- 9 am – pick up from your Dubrovnik villa
- 10 am – sightseeing of Ston
- 11 am – Ston walls walks
- 12 am – Oyster farm Mali Ston – oysters tasting
- 1 pm – lunch at famous Ston seafood restaurant
- 3 pm – driving back to Dubrovnik
- 4 pm drop off at your villa
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Licensed Tour guide
- Fresh oysters tasting, olive oil and cheeses tastings
- Ston sightseeing