Island Korčula and Pelješac Private Tour from Dubrovnik
Island Korčula and Pelješac Private Tour in a day trip from Dubrovnik takes you over Pelječšac peninsula wine region and Ston city to island Korčula, birthplace of Marco Polo.
Island Korčula and Pelješac Private Tour Highlights
- Fully private tour from Dubrovnik to Korčula island
- Flexible & tailor made itinerary
- House of Marco Polo (Marco Polo Birth House)
- Pelješac wineries visit
- Oysters tasting
Island Korčula and Pelješac Private Tour Description
Island Korčula and Pelješac Private full day Tour is a fully private tour tailor made tour. After we pick you up at your Dubrovnik luxury villa, Your Korčula and Pelješac experience starts with an one hour scenery drive to Pelješac peninsula, also known as natural heaven and home of famous oysters and red wine.
Our first stop is the small town of Ston which is surrounded by 7 kilometers long medieval walls and the oldest salt pans in Europe.
After 1 hour Ston sightseeing we will drive through vineyards and small villages toward Korčula island. After short ferry ride to Korčula we are arriving in city of Korčula. Island of Korčula an city Korčula according stories is the birthplace of Marco Polo, one of the greatest of the world’s travellers. Some biographers claim that Marco Polo was born in year 1254 in Korcula which was part of the Venice Republic. We will visit House of Marco Polo. Korčula is also famous for its maritime history, high quality limestone quarries and ship building. Just walk around the old streets and feel the breath of history.
On our way back we will stop in Pelješac wine region to taste famous red wine Plavac mali. You will hear the story about famous red wine Plavac Mali (also known as cousin of Zinfandel/Primitivo) and correlation between USA Napa valley and Croatia.
Our last stop is short break in Mali Ston at oyster farm for deliciously fresh oysters tasting.
- 9 am – pick ap from your Dubrovnik villa
- 10 am – sightseeing of Mali Ston
- 12 am – Korčula sightseeing
- 3 pm – Visit Pelješac winery for wine tasting
- 4:30 pm – oysters tasting in Mali Ston
- 5 pm – driving back to Dubrovnik
- 6 pm drop off at your villa
- Dubrovnik villa pick-up and drop-off
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Licensed Tour guide
- Visit House of Marco Polo (Marco Polo Birth House)
- Pelješac winery wine tasting
- Mali Ston Oysters tasting